Sorts of hosting services
A hosting solution includes keeping and/or sharing given content on a server administered by a website hosting provider. There are various types of hosting services used for different aims, so let's review them. In this way, you can conclude what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to launch a website, email address accounts, or to share files with friends and partners.
- File hosting: a service delivered by some web hosts, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free file storage solutions frequently involve ads by the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific interval of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly inaccurate explanation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would allocate the workload between separate hosts of servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different website hosting services (mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a brand of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some distributors provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting kind is good if you desire to share an immense amount of pictures with pals or acquaintances since the solution is generally free. You will obtain a random link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to managing your e-mailbox accounts. Some companies offer web site hosting services for web sites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you desire to set up an email address with your domain name but do not want to have a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can create mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a particular amount of CPU load, so with several video clips and a few hundred website visitors, you may have a hard time with your web space hosting supplies. Embedding the video will allow you to own as many video files as you desire without worrying about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to run a site. To a certain degree, it embodies all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and email accounts, upload video files, and so on. At iHost Empires, for instance, you can view web hosting and dedicated web server hosting packages that enable you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one single place. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are conceived for specific web content exclusively.